The Core Challenge Board is a program that pays developers to create Community Content. The main goals of the program are to provide high quality content that other developers can use to streamline game development, as well as to provide a revenue stream for content creators. Currently, you must be a member of the Core Perks program to participate.
Based on your feedback, we have improved the Challenge Board to make it more appealing and worthwhile for content creators.
Compensation For All Entrants
Every entrant is now eligible for a payment! Payment amounts vary and are listed under each Challenge.
Since every entrant is eligible for payment, challenges are now more a cooperative effort to build quality content, rather than a competitive effort against other developers.
In order to be able to offer the benefits above, the following changes have been made to the system.
Limited Entries Per Challenge
Each Challenge now has a limited number of entries. Limiting the number of entrants makes it possible to offer payment to every entrant.
A Creator Can Only Enter One Challenge (per cycle)
Creators can only participate in a single Challenge at a time per Challenge Board cycle. This allows the remaining open slots to be filled by other developers.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to view the Application Form.
- Each Challenge will list the maximum payout available per entrant.
- The exact payment amount for each entrant will be based on the quality of the entrant’s work as described in the criteria below.
- Entrants will be notified via the forum messaging system of their payout.
- Payments will be made through an entrant’s Tipalti account. For more information on Tipalti, including potential tax implications, please see our Help Center article.
- Judging will be based on the criteria specified in the Challenge, as well as other factors such as quality, ease of use, documentation, creativity, performance, and stability.
- We are looking for high quality content that is easy to use and understand by other developers.
- Judging will start after the challenge deadline, and could take up to seven days.
CONTENT BEST PRACTICES
- Include a readme file that describes how to use your content.
- Groups and folders should be well named and organized.
- Scripts should use clean, readable code with extensive comments.
- Custom properties should include ToolTip descriptions (right click and choose Set Custom Property ToolTip).
- Template origins should be positioned logically to best align with the floor or grid.
- Optimize performance (mesh merging, groups instead of folders, low object count, network object count, etc.)
- Make your content as intuitive and user friendly as possible.
Please note that these rules are subject to change.
- You must be in the Core Perks program to enter.
- You can only enter one Challenge at a time during each Challenge Board cycle.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Challenge, the submitted content must be your own original work.
- Content cannot be copied from Community Content, Team Meta projects, open-editable content, or any other openly shared Core content.
- Content is ineligible if it has been previously submitted to the Challenge Board, or has been previously awarded a prize by Core.