Start Date: April 12, 2021
Due Date: April 30, 2021
Each entrant is eligible for a payment of up to $400, with a minimum of $100 if the entry meets the minimum standards. The exact payment amount for each entrant will be based on the quality of the entrant’s work.
For this Challenge, design at least 5 buildings, exteriors only, with a medieval theme. The buildings should be suited for games that are themed with this style of architecture including: dungeon games, fantasy games, and period games. The goal is to create a collection of pre-built buildings that developers can use to quickly create villages in their game.
Some common medieval buildings include:
For your inspiration, there are many resources online about medieval building types. Also, consider other games you have played that use a similar theme.
- Lighting can have a dramatic impact. Consider adding accent lighting to your buildings, or actual light sources such as torches or lanterns.
- Each building should be in a separate group so that other developers can easily drag individual buildings around.
- Performance is very important for this project. Please follow best practices such as using Merged Models, using groups instead of folders, and keeping the object count reasonable.
- Please review the content best practices.
- Design a minimum of 5 buildings.
- Only building exteriors are required.
- This project should be submitted as a complete scene in which all the buildings are arranged in a sample village setting.
If you have any questions, then please post them to this topic.
HOW TO APPLY
For instructions on how to apply, please visit the Application Form post.
SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
- Your application acceptance message includes instructions on how to submit your work.
- Entrants must submit their work by the deadline listed in the Challenge in order to be considered for payment.
- Failure to submit your work on time will affect your eligibility for future Challenges.
For detailed information about the rules, judging criteria, and best practices please visit Challenge Board Info & Rules post.