Start Date: September 10, 2021
Due Date: September 30, 2021 (by end of day, Pacific Time)
Each entrant is eligible for a payment of up to $400, with a minimum of $100 if the entry meets the minimum standards. The exact payment amount for each entrant will be based on the quality of the entrant’s work.
The goal of this Challenge is to create assets, props, and effects related to mining that can be used by other creators that have games with mining features.
Design anything related to mining. Some ideas include:
- Ore Deposits (for multiple different ore types)
- Rock Piles
- Wood Axes
- Other Tools
- Mine Shafts (tileable)
- Mine Interior Props (lanterns, tools, beams, etc)
- Blacksmith Hammer
- Metal Ingots
- Anything else related to mining!
Visual effects (VFX) and sound effects (SFX) also play an important role in mining. Consider adding effects to your tools for common actions such as:
- Pickaxe striking rock.
- Wood axe striking tree.
- Shovel entering ground.
- Hammer striking anvil.
- Displaying resources gained from mining something.
- Displaying the “health bar” of the item being mined.
- Destroying the item being mined when it is depleted.
- See Fortnite, for example, which has all of these effects.
In any mining game on other platforms take a look at the mining assets and effects during the mining process.
Create a large variety of mining assets, props, and effects of your own design.
Provide an easy way to test and view any tools and mining effects that you create.
Your work should strive to meet the updated criteria below.
View the full Judging Criteria.
If you have any questions, then please visit the Challenge Board channels on the Core VIP Discord server.
HOW TO APPLY
For instructions on how to apply, please visit the Application Form post.
SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
- Your application acceptance message includes instructions on how to submit your work.
- Entrants must submit their work by the deadline listed in the Challenge in order to be considered for payment.
- Failure to submit your work on time may affect your eligibility for future Challenges.
For detailed information about the rules, judging criteria, and best practices please visit the Challenge Board Info & Rules post.