Start Date: May 12, 2021
Due Date: May 31, 2021 (by end of day, Pacific Time)
Each entrant is eligible for a payment of up to $400, with a minimum of $100 if the entry meets the minimum standards. The exact payment amount for each entrant will be based on the quality of the entrant’s work.
A user interface (UI) kit is a collection of pre-designed UI elements that creators can use to quickly build the user interface for a game. The goal of this Challenge is to build a high quality user interface kit that is great looking, and that creators can use to quickly build a professional looking UI for their game.
The best kits have a unified theme in which all the elements are designed to look good together. The elements should be visually appealing and have a high quality design. Include UI elements that you think creators will need the most.
Common UI elements include:
- HUD (character portrait, currency, resources, timer, score, etc)
- Progress Bars
- Pop Ups
For examples of UI kits, take a look at these search results. For examples of UI elements, take a look at any mobile or PC game.
This is a UI design project, and no scripting is required.
Consider providing your design in multiple color options (skins) that the creator can choose from.
Please review the content best practices.
- At a minimum, the kit should include the following UI elements: HUD, buttons, windows, menus.
If you have any questions, then please post them to this topic.
HOW TO APPLY
For instructions on how to apply, please visit the Application Form post.
SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
- Your application acceptance message includes instructions on how to submit your work.
- Entrants must submit their work by the deadline listed in the Challenge in order to be considered for payment.
- Failure to submit your work on time may affect your eligibility for future Challenges.
For detailed information about the rules, judging criteria, and best practices please visit the Challenge Board Info & Rules post.