Start Date: January 10, 2022
Due Date: January 31, 2022 (by end of day, Pacific Time)
Each entrant is eligible for a payment of up to $400, with a minimum of $100 if the entry meets the minimum standards. The exact payment amount for each entrant will be based on the quality of the entrant’s work.
Nameplates refer to visual elements that are shown over the head of players in the game world. For example, the Core editor includes a prebuilt Nameplates component that shows the name and health of players.
The goal of this challenge is to design nameplates that are different than the prebuilt component in terms of the design and information. If you look at nameplates in games on other platforms you will often see different graphical designs, as well as additional information displayed.
The nameplate should have an appealing graphical design. Study the design of nameplates in other games for ideas and inspiration.
Design a nameplate that can display additional information beyond what is shown by the prebuilt component. Common types of information found on nameplates include such things as:
- Health Bar
- Other Bars (eg: mana, stamina)
- Player Level
- Image (eg: portrait, class type)
- Frame (eg: normal frame, elite frame)
Make your nameplate as customizable as possible. Include Custom Properties so the creator can easily customize such things as the bar colors, friendly vs enemy colors, hide on self, show/hide elements, etc.
The nameplates should be functional, similar to the builtin component.
- You can use the Nameplates component in Core editor as a reference or starting point.
- Design one or more nameplates with as many of the features above as possible.
Your work should strive to meet the criteria below.
View the full Judging Criteria.
If you have any questions, then please visit the challenge board channels on the Core VIP Discord server.
HOW TO APPLY
For instructions on how to apply, please visit the Application Formpost.
SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
- Your application acceptance message includes instructions on how to submit your work.
- Entrants must submit their work by the deadline listed in the Challenge in order to be considered for payment.
- Failure to submit your work on time may affect your eligibility for future Challenges.
For detailed information about the rules, judging criteria, and best practices please visit the Challenge Board Info & Rules post.