Haunted House Minijam Oct 29-Nov 1

HAUNTED HOUSE MINIJAM

It’s Halloween weekend! Create an interactive Haunted House using Core’s new interaction system. The top three houses as chosen by Manticore will receive a $50 Amazon gift card, and ALL entries will receive a Caballo de los Muertos mount (aka the skellihorse).

We want to see the spookiest haunted house you’ve got. You can keep it to the interaction system or you can expand it, such as with escape room-style traps. Judges will be looking for flavor, interactivity, and, of course, spookiness.

All entries should use the new Interaction System. It’s a component found in Core Content (in the Editor) that lets you create detailed and performant interactions within your game. Let’s see what you can do with it!

Watch this video to see how to use the Interaction System to make a haunted house:

TIMELINE

Starts: Oct 29, 3:00PM PST

DEADline: Nov 1, 12PM (noon) PST

HOW TO ENTER

Entries MUST be submitted through the Core Creators Discord in the specified channel.

1. Create and publish a game that includes a haunted house and uses the Interaction System.
  2. Post the link for your game to #haunted-submissions in the Core Creators Discord to activate the applications bot.

USING THE INTERACTION SYSTEM

The Interaction System Package can be found in Core Content. It makes it easy to use player position, look direction, and cursor position to create highly interactive environments, such as with UI tooltips, spawning objects, and toggling VFX. It’s super fast to set up and is easy on your game’s performance.

Interaction System Reference: https://docs.coregames.com/references/interaction_system/

Tutorial discussion on the Core Creator Forums: Haunted House Interaction System Tutorial

Step-by-step video:

FAQ

1. How long does this event last?

This contest runs from Friday, Oct 29, 3PM PST to Nov 1, 12PM (noon) PST. All entries must be received by the deadline.

2. Can I work with a team to participate?

Yep! You can work either solo or with a team. Though you’re responsible for divvying up any prizes.

3. How do I submit my entry?

Post the link for your game to #haunted-submissions in the Core Creators Discord to activate the applications bot. It will tell you when it successfully submits your entry.

4. Can I submit multiple entries?

Yes!

5. When will I get my prize?

We will contact winners with an ETA on their prize by Nov 15. All entrants will receive their skellihorse by Nov 15.

6. Any other terms to keep in mind?

Yes! You can view the terms and official rules here

1 Like