Core Update 1.0.266 - Box Scale Tool & Live Material Editing

Highlights for Version 1.0.265

Welcome to our September 27th Patch Notes!

General

• New: Box Scale Tool! A new way to resize objects based on their bounding box so when you drag a side the opposite side remains in the same position. Great for resizing primitive shapes and triggers
  • New: Added a live preview when changing material properties on meshes and animated meshes in the scene, as well as custom materials.
  • New: Added more AI behaviors to the Bots tab on the profiler:
    • Gather: "Gather in Front %" number of bots will assemble in front of the player and the rest will go behind the player.
    • Existing AI behaviors (Patrol, Follow, Synchronized, Mirror) added to the Bots tab as well.
    • Patrol has its own adjustable params for "Patrol Radius" and "Patrol Size".
  • Fixed: Spamming jump in a game with double jump while moving around no longer causes desync.
  • Fixed: A camera set to follow a player that isn't the local player (eg. spectator camera) will no longer jitter when the player runs around and "Use Camera Socket" is off.

API

• Reminder: We have decided to deprecate GetTokensForPlayer() and add a new GetWalletsForPlayer() function instead to give Creators more control over how they get the NFTs for a specific player. See here for more info. The old API will be removed in a future patch.
  • New: Added a GetSourceImageSize() function and a .sourceImageAspectRatio property for UIImages.
    • These reflect the size/aspect ratio of the underlying image, as opposed to the UI Image Control size. For example, an image can be 768x512 (aspect ratio 1.5), but be placed inside a 256x256 UIImage.

Also check out our reference and text validation and pet renamer tutorials as well.

Learn more on our API documentation site.

3 Likes

Good afternoon dear CoreGames community, I am surprised by all the changes you have made, you can see the commitment and dedication for that great dream that all creators have, which is to tell stories and create worlds that make the player fall in love, I am creating a great project and this improvement will help a lot.

I am personally very grateful. A giant hug from Venezuela.

3 Likes

The new Box scale tool is awesome! It makes building so much more comfortable!

1 Like

I'm loving the new Box Scale Tool in this update, it's so useful. Thank you :core:

1 Like