[Core Certification] Part II - Showcase your work!

Here is reference:

Dz0YySw

Here is my scene:

Link below:

https://www.coregames.com/games/f00578/certii

4 Likes

mountain png
had to stop ... I could have kept working on this for a week lol

4 Likes

image-50

wanted to do my own little thing

4 Likes

ref

Link here> Part II by DeHStudio - Core Games

I wish you taught me how to make custom shaders for the grass and how to change the triplanar shaders to be able to paint other materials and sculpting those cliffs, now it's all messed up.

3 Likes

ref

Its so far from perfect, but i learned so much, i will keep working on this one hehe.

4 Likes

Hi Everyone,
Here's some screenshots of Core Certification 2 showcase.
Thanks

3 Likes

Thank for another great certification.
The biggest thing I got out of this one is how to properly use the Object Generator.
This will save me hours placing details.
Here is my private link to the mountains pic: Core cert 2 Mountains by Ambard - Core Games
Screen shots of the try it sections:

4 Likes

Reference:
image-49

Screenshot:

Unlisted project link:

I leaned a lot in this course though I would have liked a little more detail/ hand holding on some of the simple steps, and maybe a section on commonly overlooked mistakes and how to fix those mistakes. Also, more tips on how to optimize your terrain to maximize performance would be helpful. Great experience overall!

3 Likes

This looks a great place to hang out :sunglasses:

I choose the Mountain picture as a reference.

This is first time in my life I am doing such stuff and my results are obviously not as good as experienced people but I have done as much as I can and I believe I mastered the technical stuff about this part, I just need the experience now. BTW I used object generator for trees tho I din't use the randomizer much.

My reference:

What I managed to accomplish:

Here is the link of unlisted project, I thought I am not going to publish it so my hierarchy is not clean sorry about that: Core Certification 2 Terrain by URUSKAN - Core Games

I forgot about the river part, and I don't see others sharing their rivers on this thread as well. But it says you should share try it on core parts so some screenshots from my river:

I have to edit my comment 20 times because of ADHD, here is the river project unlisted link: CoreCertificationPart2River by URUSKAN - Core Games

2 Likes

Generate Several Types of Terrain

Use The Sculpt Tool

Paint the Terrain

Add Foliage

Add Final Objects

Custom Sky and Post Process
(night sky and Depth of Field Post Processing)

Here's a link to the Project:

This section was fun, but there were questions on the quiz that were not covered in the lecture up to that point.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Link for the game model.
httpswww.coregames.comgamesbe26e9core-certification-part-2
I didn't make it identical to above pic ,thought to make it my way

2 Likes

Super formation...
Sans titre 2

2 Likes

Core Certification Part II by Otherworld - Core Games. The second certification^^

Here is a link to my project: Core Certification Part 2 by jetSonic

Reference:

Game terrain:

Thank you CORE Team! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Certification II

The small lake and river.

Another terrain shot.

1 Like

I chose the second picture because it was the one most different to what I usually do.
Here's the base image:
and here's my own version of it :smiley:

Enjoyed learning the terrain tools and tried some post processing options

1 Like

Hello, I decided to give a try on the mountains one.
Here is my contribution.

Core Certification Part II by Mokudjinn - Core Games

1 Like