Start Date: April 12, 2021
Due Date: April 30, 2021
Each entrant is eligible for a payment of up to $400, with a minimum of $100 if the entry meets the minimum standards. The exact payment amount for each entrant will be based on the quality of the entrant’s work.
For this Challenge, use the terrain and environment tools in Core editor to create an environment map. The goal is to create a pre-built terrain environment that developers can quickly use for their games.
Some common terrain environments include:
- Any mix of the above
Make use of the various Core editor tools to make your world come alive.
- Use terrain tools to sculpt, paint, and mold your terrain.
- Use the foliage system to add grass, trees, flowers, and other foliage.
- Use water materials and swimming volumes for your water.
- Use the sky components to adjust the sun and sky, and ambient lighting.
- Use the adjustment volumes to add environment effects such as fog and haze.
- Use the audio library to add ambient sounds such as wildlife and water flowing.
For your inspiration, visit the games of some of the winners of past contests such as Wonderland: The Scattered Woods (by emtastik), or Runic Woods (by Drogan). Core Royal has some great environment art, and Core Plaza has great water in the pirate area. The next time you are in a game in which you love the environment, take notes as to what makes it so special.
- Please review the content best practices.
- The map should be at least 1024 x 1024 meters in size.
- This map should be published as a public game with Open for Editing enabled (since Community Content currently does not accept terrain).
If you have any questions, then please post them to this topic.
HOW TO APPLY
For instructions on how to apply, please visit the Application Form post.
SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
- Your application acceptance message includes instructions on how to submit your work.
- Entrants must submit their work by the deadline listed in the Challenge in order to be considered for payment.
- Failure to submit your work on time will affect your eligibility for future Challenges.
For detailed information about the rules, judging criteria, and best practices please visit Challenge Board Info & Rules post.