Pancake from the modeling basics tutorial ( Modeling Basics - Core Documentation ).
My Core project:
I dont understand the positioning in CORE, i.e. position and transformation ( offsets ) of elements of a group .
The transformation settings for the groups
- Group Desk ( transformation: y = - 100 ) = ok
- Group Dish ( transformation: y = -391 ),
-- Cylinder ( transformation: y= 300 )
-- Ring ( transformation: y= 300 )
- SubGroup Pancakes ( transformation y: 5 )
- SubGroup Raspberries ( transformation y:300 )
- SubGroup Blueberries ( transformation y:300 )
- SubGroup BananaSlices ( transformation y:300 )
So somehow the origins of the coordinate systems are different.
So how to get all relative coordinates of the dish elements to 0?
From my personal opinion, only the SubGroup Pancakes is ok, its relative offset ( = transformation ) is y:5, as it is next to the origin of the dish Group.
But I don´t understand the extra offset of mostly 300 of the other groups.
I understand that have to "put" an object into the scene a first time,
but after that I have to use transformations ?! I can´t fix the "first position" of an object?
Or was the use of "group" the wrong way to force relative positioning?
How to achieve relative positioning ?
It does not help to put the group into a template...