Canrun = false
player.maxWalkSpeed = baseSpeed
end
end
end

function Tick(deltaTime)
run(stamina)
end

Error running Lua task: [ED086C801D5465ED] MyScript:10: attempt to index a nil value (global 'player')
Tick function has stopped running. Script: "MyScript", Asset ID: ED086C801D5465ED

What is the problem? so easy and I haven't found out in three days, how this piece of shit engine works. godot works, unity works, it's totally illogical who thinks like that : programming language

You need to define player. What player are you talking about? I would recommend doing a loop through all players like so:

function run(stamina)
   for _, player in pairs(Game.GetPlayers()) do
       if player.maxWalkSpeed == sprintingSpeed then
           stamina = stamina - 50
           if stamina <= 0 then
               Canrun = false
               player.maxWalkSpeed = baseSpeed
           end
       end
    end
end
function Tick(deltaTime)
    run(stamina)
end

Thank you for help, basically no error but somehow this script does not run first, I'll change "baseSpeed'' to less and no arguments just only after shift is pressed, and the condition does not work nor is updated on "Canrun" so i can run all the time.

If you read the docs for the Player class, it says that maxWalkSpeed is read only for the client:

maxWalkSpeed number Maximum speed while the player is on the ground. Clients can only read. Default = 640.

So you need to make sure this script is executed in a networked or server context.