Hey there, we started a collection of common questions we get regarding limitations of Core and the platform and now have a big list of answers to them for you to go over. Please let us know if anything is missing our needs clarification! We will also add these to our Docs/API where it makes sense.
- Name: 3 to 20 characters.
- Movement Speed Limit: No limit.
- Fall Speed/Velocity Limit: 4037.77 cm/s (at default gravity).
- Walkable Floor Angle - Can set to 90 in editor, but UE4 limits to 60.
- Player scale: Uniform scale on x,y,z axis.
- Players per game server: 32
- Server instances per game: No limit. Auto-scales.
- Screenshots: 5.
- Game name: 5 to 30 characters.
- Description: 2,000 characters.
- Tags: 5.
- Size on disk: 100MB for templates. 200MB for games.
- Parent-Child Games: Max 32 child games.
- 64 scenes per game.
- Persistent Storage per player per key: 16kb.
- Storage keys: 8 keys per game.
- Total entries: 1000 (each entry for daily/weekly/monthly/global counts toward this).
- More than 1000 scores can be submitted for players (no limit), but only the top ones will return in the API requests.
- Additional data field: String with 8 characters or fewer.
- Scores per player cannot be decreased or deleted. Only increased.
- Scores larger than 24 bits begin losing precision.
- World size: 2,097,152 x 2,097,152 x 2,097,152 cm (maximum dimension before being considered "out of world" is 1,048,576 cm). Fidelity degrades at extreme distances as floating point precision is lost.
- Networked objects: 4000 / number of players.
- Networked events broadcast: 10 per second (per player).
- Event broadcast size: 128 bytes.
- Networked custom properties: No limit, but replication of values to clients slows down progressively as more properties or larger strings are added.
- Player private networked data: Depends on length of
value. Max 126
keysize + 126
valuesize. At minimalist
keysize the max
valuesize is 175. Unlimited pairs of
- Replication bandwidth: 30kb/s. After this, the probability of loss increases.
- Player movement: Server-authoritative, but predicted on client.
- Must usually be inside a client-context to function.
- Overall particle draw limit for volumes (UE4 hard coded limit, you can see this if your volume does not get any different at a high volume/plane size when increasing density. You need to add another volume in this case.)
- Internal particle draw limits (you can see this if an effect starts playing, then stops producing effects, then restarts after a short delay)
- Internal LOD on objects (LOD0 is generally from 0 - 4500 LOD1 is 4500 - 7000 and LOD2 is 7000+)
- Per Effect Limits (tailored in blueprints by Manticore per effect)
- Total terrains: 5 per scene.
- Terrains with collision: 1 per scene.
- Materials: 4 per terrain.
- Terrain memory limit: Based on the "terrain complexity" - basically, how many voxels are active. Tall terrains are more expensive.
- Memory limit depends on the number of max players:
- 1-4 max players: 50 MB.
- 5-8 max players: 75 MB.
- 9+ max players: 100 MB.
- Teams: 1-4 (with an additional neutral team, 0)
- Chat Position: -8000 to 8000
- Chat Horizontal Size: 450 to 800
- Chat Vertical Size: 175 to 900
- Max/Min Contact Size: Tooltip says “Clamped to be >= 0.0001”
- One weapon/equipment per socket, if using the default pickup triggers.
- 9 shots / second for best feel.
- Friends: 256 per player.
- Portals/Transfer game: 10 second cooldown.
- Camera.Capture() returns
nilif it runs out of space. Cameracapture.Release() frees up space.