Mixing indoor and outdoor lighting

I have a cave with a door in an area with a Skylight. If I set the Skylight Intensity parameter to 0, I get perfect darkness that the player can then explore with the aid of a separate light source (torch). However, I then have no natural light outside. If I have a skylight Intensity value greater than 0 then I have ambient light in the cave from the Skylight.

I assume the solution is linked to using Skylight Adjustment Volume, but I can't figure out how to get both normal daylight outside and pitch black zero light inside. Any help much appreciated.

Would a trigger event when walking into a cave work? And then change it to pitch black until the trigger is hit again?

2 Likes

Hey, thanks, good suggestion. Unfortunately, it does not work well when there is more than one player in the session. I appreciate I could do the cave as a separate game and use the door as a portal, or take advantage of the the new scenes perhaps, but I hoped there was just a simpler, more elegant solution.

Ah, it is Skylight Adjustment Volume, it works perfectly. I think I must have failed to assign the Skylight to it :woman_facepalming: when I was testing before.