Help with multiple levels/instances

Hello, I'm fairly new here and have still much to learn, so sorry if I mix up some definitions. Also, my English is not perfect unfortunately, so feel free to ask for clarification please if I'm not clear.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to create a Core game with multiple levels/instances. It would be a first person RPG, as open world as possible, but due to terrain size limit I think I'll need to be able to create more different levels/instances I think.

For example: can I have a desert level (max size) and then at all corners some exits? That once you trigger it, or walk through it, it loads up a corresponding level/instance? For when progressing the game to a different biome or when entering a dungeon, for example.

I found the Portal but if I'm not mistaken, that only allows me to go to a complete different game. I got that working but the loading time (finding server) can be high when transitioning. And also I read that it's not possible to transfer gear/inventory with character to another game, making it not really an option to use for different levels/instances I guess.

Is someone able to tell me if what I want is even possible? Or steer me in the right direction so I can figure it out myself please? Many thanks.

I'm also wondering about this.

Within Core, there aren't any scene options like there are within an engine like Unity. Instead, you'll have to plan entirely around the one scene you're given. Also, keep in mind, you can only have one terrain with collision, which makes your job a bit harder since you'll have to sculpt out your entire world on one terrain. For the size limit you mentioned, one solution might just be to increase the voxel size of your terrain which will make it bigger:

Or you could also fake scale by simply scaling down the player and all the world objects.

To portal players from one section of the map to another, 1) make your large terrain 2) then sculpt out all your different levels. You'll need to be creative with your design if you want to make each level feel different. 3) After that, then use portals to take them to the different areas on the terrain using something like my CC which will take you from the portal to wherever you place the cube:
Screenshot_51

That is one option to basically have multiple games where you transfer the player to your other game world. As of right now as you said, you wouldn't be able to transfer inventory, but that might change in the future as the Core team has mentioned maybe adding in persistent data. So keep up with new Core announcements and you might one day have that possibility.

I realize this is an older post and this might not have been possible before but I have not found anything else discussion this question. I am very new the the Core system and was wondering the same thing when i came across this post. I did come across a Core Academy video where they showcased making another game, " Game Name Tutorial Level", which was essentially the same map but only allowed 1 person, so you could play around and figure out controls, then made that game a child of the original and private then linked a portal to it withing the original game. So with that being said, couldnt you make "Game Name Level 1... Level 2... Level 3.. ect" using that same concept? I will be attempting this in my game shortly and will post back if it works well or what issues I run into. And with the addition of Shared storage, you should now be able to transfer inventory and equipment between your child games.

So how’d it go?

Wait until the patch when scenes go live. That will change the way things are done.