Hide and Seek Framework
This is a very rudimentary Hide and Seek Framework made in about two hours on CoreLive.
What it includes:
- Interactable Trigger for one player to start the game
- Ability for seeking player to tag other players by clicking
- Handling player disconnects
- Round timer
What it does not have:
- Any UI, or really feedback for players. This is a barebones system, and it will need more scripting for players to actually know what is going on.
- A map. Really, it's just a lonely little tree on a default floor.
Starting the Game
- One player decides to start the game
- Need at least two players to play
- List of the current players
- Interactable Trigger to start
- No new game can start once one is running
Playing the Game
- Seeker can't move
- Show a countdown
- … What can they see?
Ending the Game
- Time runs out
- Seeker leaves or dies
- All players are found or disconnect/die
What Happens Next
- Game just ends, and someone else can start a new one
How to Find People
- How does tagging actually work?
- Ability Target to tag players
Situations to Handle
- The Seeker Disconnects/Dies
- A Hider Disconnects/Dies
- A New Player Joins in the Middle of the Game
What Information Do People Need
- Who is who, and who you're hiding from
- Who has been found, who is still hiding
- How long is the round/how much time is left
- Time in Countdown (which round phase we're in)
- When there aren't enough people to play
- Who won
- Let players opt in and out