[Core Certification] Part III - Showcase your work!

httpswww.coregames.comgamesceb34fcertification-part3

Uploading: 2.jpg...
Uploading: 3.jpg...

3 Likes

Kitbashing is definitely the hardest thing for me, but I am not planning to be a modeler so I don't think that's a big problem.
I tried to recreate BFG9K from DOOM series.
My reference was this although I didn't follow it completely:

I made the TRON disk drive as a hat:

Unlisted Project Link: CoreCertification3 by URUSKAN - Core Games

I can't wait to complete the last part.

3 Likes

Core Certification Part III by Otherworld - Core Games. This is my part 3 of the certification! i made the bomb of bomber man.

1 Like

Here is a link to my project: Core Certification Part 3 by jetSonic

My custom made gun - Nerf Gun:
gun

Some screenshots:

2 Likes

Certification III

CameraSetting1

CameraSetting2

GameState

LobbyWalls

SpawnFX

SpawnLobby

SpawnZoneGreen
SpawnZoneGreen2

NoisyCricket
The Noisy Cricket from Men in Black

1 Like

Hello, this is my contribution.
It was really fun to experiment some mecanics of this nice tutorial !

Core Certification Part III by Mokudjinn - Core Games

1 Like

Interesting stuff!

Will work on a gun as well but my gun muse is currently on vacation.

This was a lot of fun and work. Technically I didn't really create a gun and it was also a bit too challenging to do, but I learned a lot from doing it. If I would retry it then it would definitely be better.

If anyone has advice how to create those curves I am really curious to know :slight_smile:

This was my reference:

Unlisted project: Core Certification part 3 by Vuurvosje - Core Games

Screenshot1

Project Link: Cert3_revised by iamcapote - Core Games

One recommendation for course is to make a portal style game that could potentially showcase more user skills :smiley:

master sword
the sword i did was the master sword from legends of zelda

1 Like

I had to take breaks off and on for this one; definitely felt longer, here is my link for Part 3

So I found this one surprisingly challenging I think because there was a lot of excitement to really nail how I wanted this to be. To really make it work will a LOT of practice, but I think I did well enough. For the modelling portion, I totally blanked on making a gun and made a sword instead.

Then when I realized my error I went back and wanted to make the archer's bow from Gauntlet Legends, but it turns out there's no ready animations listed in the API for a bow, I wasn't sure I could crib someone else's IK from the community, so I did what I could with what there was. I don't think it turned out too badly.

I did have some difficulty getting the collisions and projectiles to work right, but it pretty much worked in the end.

I even figured out how to upload custom images for the UI! Can't wait to get into that! And the resource manager opens up a whole new world! Not to mention teleporters!

Really exciting!

P.S. I'm a little surprised we're not to publish the project file as before, but I'm itching to get into the coding!

Used the mech weapon parts to make my own sci-fi weapon

Link: Core 3 Cert by mossynodes - Core Games

Core 3 Level Showcase:

This was fun....and kinda hard. :melting_face:

Hat: Donkey Kong (??) or just a Monkey
Weapon: Magic Fireball

Game location:

Full view of my project:

Weapon: Magic Fireball Thrower

Hat: Donkey Kong (??) or just a Monkey face

It's me again haha.
T'was a spectacular tutorial, thank you so much for the knowledge!

Here are the screenshots from my project.

I created a portal gun from Portal. Sadly you can't use it to portal warp.

Took me two tries.. Adding mechanics can get real finicky.. i can't wait for the last lesson.. i have a lot of mechanics that I need to add..

This module had a few sections that were a little confusing, but overall not too hard to follow.

here is the link to my game: