Entirely new Character editing experience!
- Players can now favorite up to 6 Characters, Mounts, and Emotes and select them on the fly during a game.
- Characters: Preset characters can now be set as favorites (via "Equip" or drag and drop of the icons). A favorite character can then be edited to fully customize it, just as it could before.
- Mounts: Players can now equip up to 6 mounts to change on the fly in-game. More mount options are coming in the future.
- Emotes: Emotes are now available to use in-game! More on their use below.
In-game selection wheel:
- While playing a game, players can hit ` or the middle mouse wheel (by default) to bring up the selection wheel.
- On the selection wheel, press the keys 1-6 or click a slot to equip the selected Character, Mount, or Emote.
- Middle mouse wheel will scroll between categories.
- Characters and Mounts have a default 2 second channel (cast time), which creators can adjust in their Game Settings object (with a range of 0-10 seconds). If your game - already had a Game Settings object, it will default to 0 seconds to make mounts behave as before. Using the G key to mount will be affected by this channel time.
- Most actions (like abilities, movement, etc) will interrupt an emote or mount/character cast that is in progress.
- The B key (by default) will bring the wheel up with emotes selected, so you can press B then a number 1-6 to quickly and easily play an emote.
- New character options are available for Alpha! Please note that many of these are active for testing purposes only and will not be default choices at later stages of development.
- On character edit, there is now a "Random" option to randomly choose from owned pieces and give them a random color tint.
- Major UI refactor to make the UI much more consistent:
- New Community Content styling.
- New Core Content styling.
- A number of small changes and improvements to the overall look and feel.
- You can now set your preferred region in the Settings menu.
- Added a "Share Link" button to the games pages on the client for getting the URL to a game.
- Custom materials can now be used on terrain.
- Creators can now use the performance panel to see what kinds of objects they have on each client in multiplayer preview mode.
- You can now report offensive players, games, templates and reviews from the editor.
- Terrain: Added support for sculpting with a Mask. Use the "Use Mask" checkbox under "Sculpt" in the Terrain Properties panel to try it out.
- Autosave is now more passive if you're actively working on something and will wait until it detects a pause.
- Removing the option to add user-generated tags from template and game publishing.
- For games, we will be adding more genre options (and renaming those to Tags) in the near future.
- Changed rules for parameter categories in the custom material editor:
- Base material and composite material references go in a new category called "Materials", which is always at the top.
- Parameters explicitly given a category will go in the middle, in the order they appear in the Material Asset Reference.
- Parameters not explicitly given a category will be called either "Customization" or "Other" and placed at the end.
- SHIFT + = (Start preview at camera location) now always launches single player preview.
- Preview and autosave no longer copy the entire map folder. Restoring from autosave also no longer deletes the map directory (but will clean old files in the Scripts folder and unused terrain files.)
- Small UI changes on the Game Review dialog.
- Auto-Save directory names are now more unique (a hash of the gameID and the original directory name) - so multiple copies of the same game with the same ID won't stomp on each other.
- Note: Autosave directory names have changed and no longer directly correspond to the gameID.
- Note #2: If you rename a game's folder, any outstanding autosaves will be orphaned and no longer match up to that game.
- Vertical look controls with gamepad now match the mouse.
- CTRL + Drag now selects or deselects exclusively, depending on whether it was started on a deselected or selected object, respectively.
- On Friday, we'll remove the three legendary assets from the avatar editor (Paladin, Cruze, and Cobra). These characters will return in the future as premium items. Thanks for helping test our Closed Alpha assets and characters.
- Fixed a flicker that occurred when loading in the community content projects on the Create tab.
- UI fix for games being partially cut off on the Games tab home page when hovering over them.
- Addressed some sizing issues of the performanec panel
- Fix for in-game Channeling never finishing
- Physics capsule dragged into hierarchy no longer contains extra sphere mesh.
- Fixed crash that occurred when opening a malformed game for edit
- Using the hotkey to mount will trigger channel time if you are in a game that has gamesettings channel time
- Fixed a bug on audio objects that sometimes made "Allow spatialization" and "Allow Attenuation" options not work.
- You can no longer crash core by providing it with bad thumbnails.
- Fixed a crash when enabling ragdoll on player join.
- Fixed player skin spazzing out when teleporting while in ragdoll mode.
- Fixed the download count display on Community Project cards in the "Create" tab.
- You can now use the pretty game ids in the
TransferToGamefunction like so:
- Camera Improvements:
- Hooked up lerp parameter on camera changes.
- Cleaned up camera interface.
- Added support for controlling pitch limits and adding yaw limits when not attached to a player.
- Added ability to use camera socket.
- Fixed a crash when spawning a projectile with invalid parameters.
Fantasy Castle Tileset released!
Urban Street Tileset
- Traffic Signal 01 and 02
- Street Crossing
- Street Sign 01 and 02
- Street Posts
- Fire Hydrant
- and more under 3D Objects > Urban > Street!
Casual & Fun Music Score Set
- Cooking All Day Funky Fresh
- A Slice of Life Rolling Percussion Drumline Cadence
- Game Day Percussion Drumline Cadence
Horror and Dark Music Score Set
- Dark Cryptic Ambient Horror
Hip-Hop Music Score Set
- Chilled out Vibes
New Music Construction Kits:
- A Slice of Life Music Construction Kit (Layers) 01
- Dark Cryptic Ambient Horror Music Construction Kit (Layers) 01
- Funky Fresh Music Construction Kit Layers 01
New Music Stingers:
- Drumline Percussion Music Stingers Set 01 SFX
- Airhorn Can Blast 01 SFX
- Car Crash Heavy Metal Glass Impact 01 SFX
- Car Crash Heavy Metal Impact 01 SFX
- Car Crash Heavy Metal Impact 02 SFX
- Cartoon Twang Spring Bounce Jump 01 SFX
- Cartoon Twang Spring Bounce Jump 02 SFX
- Cartoon Twang Spring Bounce Jump 03 SFX
- Cartoon Wood Twang Spring Jump Set 01 SFX
- Dance Hall Airhorn Blast 01 SFX
- Fantasy Magic High Shine Pulse Cast 01 SFX
- Fantasy Magic Shiny Glow Cast 01 SFX
- Fantasy Magic Shiny Glow Cast 02 SFX
- Fishing Rod Cast Throw Out Crank 01 SFX
- LFE Low Rumble Shake Loop Set 01 SFX
- Medium Crowd Gasp Surprise 01 SFX
- Metal Barrel Hollow Thud Hit 01 SFX
- Metal Junk Pile Impact Hit Long 01 SFX
- Metal Junk Pile Impact Short 01 SFX
- Metal Thud Hit Impact 01 SFX
- Metal Thud Hollow Hit Impact Long 01 SFX
- Metal Thud Rattle Hit Impact 01 SFX
- Military Radiation Geiger Counter Dynamic 01 SFX
- Military Radiation Geiger Counter Tick Set 01 SFX
- Nature Earthquake Rumble Shake Set 01 SFX
- Rubber Shoes Sneakers Squeak 01 SFX
- Rubber Shoes Sneakers Squeak Indoor Court 01 SFX
- Rubber Shoes Sneakers Squeak Indoor Court 02 SFX
- SciFi HiTech Interface Short Set 01 SFX
- SciFi HiTech Notifcation Set 01 SFX
- Small Crowd Disappointed Reaction 01 SFX
- Small Crowd Ooh Cringe Reaction 01 SFX
- Small Metal Object Impact Hit 01 SFX
- Sports Airhorn Long Blast 02 SFX
- Sports Bowling Ball Floor Hit Impact 01 SFX
- Sports Bowling Ball Rolling on Floor Loop 01 SFX
- Sports Bowling Ball Rolling on Floor Loop 02 SFX
- Sports Bowling Pins Spare Hit 01 SFX
- Sports Bowling Pins Strike Hit 01 SFX
- Sports Crowd Cheer 02 SFX
- Sports Crowd Claps 01 SFX
- Sports Crowd Intense Cheer Noise Makers 01 SFX
- Sports Crowd Intense Cheer Yeah 01 SFX
- Sports Crowd Ooh Reaction 03 SFX
- Sports Crowd Ooh Reaction 04 SFX
- Sports Crowd Stomps 01 SFX
- Sports Fishing Rod Reel Cranking Set 01 SFX
- Sports Game End Buzzer Alarm 03 SFX
- Sports Intense Crowd Cheer 02 SFX
- Sports Organ Charge Set 01 SFX
- Sports Organ Let's Go! Set 01 SFX
- Sports Organ Short Rise Set 01 SFX
- Sports Organ Showdown Set 01 SFX
- Sports Trampoline Spring Bounce Jump 01 SFX
- Spray Frosting Cream Can Aerosol Medium 01 SFX
- Spray Frosting Cream Can Aerosol Short 01 SFX
- Spray Pain Aersol Can Lid Pop 01 SFX
- Spray Paint Aerosol Can Long 01 SFX
- Spray Paint Aerosol Can Loop 01 SFX
- Spray Paint Aerosol Can Loop 02 SFX
- Spray Paint Aerosol Can Medium 01 SFX
- Spray Paint Aerosol Can Medium 02 SFX
- Spray Paint Aerosol Can Shake 01 SFX
- Spray Paint Aerosol Can Shake 02 SFX
- Spray Paint Aerosol Can Short 01 SFX
- Spray Paint Aerosol Can Short 02 SFX
- Spray Paint Aerosol Can Short 03 SFX
- UI Game Tone Point Stab 01 SFX
- UI Game Tonal Ping 01 SFX
- UI Game Tone Dark Synthetic Purr Deny 01 SFX
- UI Game Tone Distorted Harmonic 01 SFX
- UI Game Tone Double Bit Beeps 01 SFX
- UI Game Tone Glassy Square 01 SFX
- UI Game Tone High Saturation Beep 01 SFX
- UI Game Tone Mech Tap 01 SFX
- UI Game Tone Piercing Thump 01 SFX
- UI Game Tone Piercing Thump 02 SFX
- UI Game Tone Piercing Thump 03 SFX
- UI Game Tone Point Stab Snappy 01 SFX
- UI Game Tone Saw Bit Beep 01 SFX
- UI Game Tone Timer Beep 01 SFX
- UI Game Tone Tube Beep 01 SFX
Added new animation stance "unarmed_steer_ship_wheel".
Added Tornado and supporting dust effects.
Added Sketch Line Post Process.
Added Sun, Skydome, Skylight and Fog Adjustment volumes for simple volume based control over sky/fog elements.
Added Waterfall mesh/material effect.
Added Treasure Chest opening effect.
Added basic Glow decal.
Added Scorch mark decals.
- Terrain Sculpt Masks will no longer appear as a top level folder in the Core Content tab.
- Smoke Volume VFX: Smoke volume now properly respects volume area when set to local space.
- The Core launcher now runs in the system tray:
- Left clicking the icon opens the launcher window.
- Right clicking opens a context menu with options to launch or exit.
- Closing the launcher window minimizes it to the tray.
- Improved patching process and UI feedback.
- Full downloads can be resumed if the connection is lost.
- Launcher window minimizes when Core is launched.