- We're introducing a new system called
Hooks. Similar to events, these will enable Creators to
Connect()to them to handle sending and receiving data.
- Our first
Player.movementHookthat let's Creators control the player's current movement direction.
- To learn more about them, check out our, newly redesigned, documentation.
- New: We've updated all colors in the UI, in particular the editor has a darker look overall.
- Many colors will be slightly different but more consistent overall.
- New: You should now be able to invite a friend to your game if you are both playing the same game but are in different instances.
If you are in a child game that does not allow direct join, you can still invite your friend and they will be redirected to the parent game.
- New: Added a "Cancel" option when changing the parent of a game in the publisher.
- Changed: Invitations to join a game will now show a "Join" or "Play" button instead of a single accept checkmark.
- Changed: Reduced the number of file read/write actions on publish to minimise impact of antivirus software interfering with Core.
- Changed: Perk
NetReferences no longer gets cleared when opening a project originally created by another creator, to better support working together on the same project.
- Changed: All text files are now saved without the UTF8 BOM.
- Fixed: A bug which caused the checkbox for read-only booleans in the property view to be a weird shade of gray.
- Fixed: A bug where clicking a category link under Quests would show 'Browse' as the filter dropdown instead of the correct category.
- Fixed: An issue where copying the custom parameters of an object did not copy their network state.
- Fixed: A bug that caused sound effects in the frontend to ignore the player's volume settings.
- Fixed: A bug where player hit points would appear to be 100 after joining a game.
- Fixed: A crash caused by pressing the preview key = in quick succession on large maps.
- Fixed: If the list of available games fails to load on the home screen, the client will now retry fetching them.
- Fixed: Duplicate tags on some properties in the Lua API export.
- Fixed: Projectiles no longer impact client-only objects, unless the projectiles were also spawned from a client script.
- Fixed: A crash when inspecting a
SpotLightin the script debugger.
- Fixed: Chandler is happy now. Why wasn't Chandler happy before, you ask? It's a longer story about a crash, a wrongly enabled ensure and Linux. One day we are going to be able to tell it...
tabcharacter in the script editor is no longer taking up four spaces, we'll fix that in a future patch.
- New: Added a new function
GetPerkTimeRemaining(), which returns the amount of time remaining until a limited time Perk expires.
- New: Added new
- New: Added a new
- Passes a table containing a key
directionwith the player's current movement direction.
- Changing this key will change the direction that the player moves, and other listeners will receive the updated table.
HookListenerwhich has a
priorityproperty (an integer) which determines the order that listeners are called in. It is 100 by default.
- Passes a table containing a key
- Changed: Asset and related variation names:
- Cartoon Funny Wolf Whistle 01 SFX > Cartoon Funny Whistle 01 SFX
- Changed: Gunshot SFX Sets:
- When "Dynamic Distance" is enabled, their gizmos will no longer show when gizmos enabled and not selected in hierarchy
- New Core Materials:
- Paper 9 Slice Gift Box Center Ribbon 01
- Paper 9 Slice Gift Box Offset Ribbon 01
- New 3DObjects:
- Ball - Basketball 01
- Ball - Golf 01
- Ball - Soccer 01
- Ball - Tennis 01
- Ball - Volleyball 01
- Fixed: Several 3D Frame UI Textures were missing a space in the name.