Highlights for Version 1.0.142
This week we're focusing on some substantial updates to Core on the web
- You can now access game pages without having an account. This means you can show off your Core games to friends who don't have an account yet.
- This also means your games now have fancy URL previews on your socials and Discord.
- The Core front page has a new layout:
- Page browsing has been moved from the left side to the top bar.
- "Games" is now "Play".
- "Character" is now "Customize".
- Links for Documentation, Discord, and Feedback have been moved to the "Resources" tab inside Create, along with a new Core Academy link.
- Various visual polish to website elements.
- Added a "Hide All UI" option to the Gameplay tab of the Options menu that hides all in-game UI until the next relaunch.
- Optimized discovery of projects in saved projects folder. Directories starting with
. (for example .git) are ignored, and subfolders of folders containing a
Meta.pbt are skipped. This should improve the time it takes to load the Create tab.
- Fixed several crashes related to objects being destroyed while selected.
- Fixed crash when closing editor and beginning mouse drag at the same time.
- Fixed a bug where some context menus in the editor would accept text.
- Fixed a bug where if you clicked the profile menu widget in the top-right to open the menu and then pressed the profile menu widget again, it would re-open instead of closing.
- Fixed bug with doors where they would sometimes become stuck and refuse to open.
- Editor: Fixed an issue where object count numbers in the performance panel could display incorrect values.
- Updated a number of functions on
Projectile to warn when called with a
NaN or infinity.
- Added additional bounds checking for
distance parameters on several
- Further improved behavior of single-player preview mode to be more like multiplayer:
- A number of functions which return
CoreObject:GetChildren(), will no longer return objects which should not be available in the calling context.
Trigger overlap events and
CoreObject's child/descendant added/removed events will take into account the context of the object causing the event and not call registered listeners from the opposite context.
- Adding warnings when a client script access
.serverUserData or a server script accesses
.clientUserData. This will become an error in a future release.
childAddedEvent either not being fired at all or being fired twice on clients. (Thanks again, Waffle!)
- Fixed crash when converting destroyed objects to string.
- Added "VO Countdown Female Set 01 SFX" to Core Content > Audio > Voice Over to supplement the current VO Countdown Female assets that do not allow for separate number callouts.
- Added new functional melee equipment to Core Content: Advanced Sword, 2-Handed Sword, Hammer and Staff.
- Optimized scripts for existing weapon templates in Core Content.
- VFX: Added Level Up, Magic Swirl Element and Fairy Dot effects.
- Mount SFX will properly emit from appropriate body part/component; (eg, any creature vocalizations will emit from the creature's mouth)
- Added Table, Floor and Wall candle holders, 6 potion bottles and a cauldron to the catalog.
- Added a unique sound for each mount that will play when mounting and dismounting.
- Slightly lowered Raptor Footstep SFX volume when walking on Plastic material.
- Default player footsteps and gear rustle SFX volume will decrease by 70% when crouched.
- Sun Halo: Minimum distance has been lowered to 0. Disabled shadow casting for object.
- Fixed Advanced Hammer and 2-Handed Sword animation stance.
- Fixed Advanced Staff pickup trigger label.
- Corrected malformed polys on avatar faces.
- Fixed an issue in "Drum Kit Set Funk Sampled Instrument 01 SFX" where some drum samples in the type selection were not playing the correct drum sample.
- Fixed a typo in one of the drop down type options in "Melee Old School Kung Fu Air Swooshes Set 01 SFX".