Highlights for Version 1.0.133
Terrain Foliage is now Live
- The foliage system is a powerful tool that allows creators to automatically populate meshes on a paintable terrain.
- While the primary use of the system may be for grass, flowers, and trees - many other meshes are available. Want a terrain littered with crowbars? This system is for you!
- Spawning meshes this way is also much more performant than hand-placing them.
- For some examples of what can be created, check out our Imgur gallery.
- NOTE: There is currently no collision supported on foliage and we will be evaluating that in the future.
How to use
- Foliage can be used on any paintable terrain material.
- Simply navigate to the Foliage tab with your terrain selected and the "Add Foliage" button will allow you to add a foliage item to one of the paintable channels.
- The foliage will automatically populate on that painted channel with the given parameters.
- There are many parameters to allow the creator to tweak size, density, position, angles, and offsets, so hop into Core and check them out!
- Multiple meshes can be used in each material channel.
- There is also a modifier brush on the Paint tab that allows you to erase foliage selectively. This is a multiplier, so you can use it at partial Target Value to thin out foliage or 1.0 target value to erase completely.
- If you are having issues seeing foliage appear, it is important to check your spawn distances and cull distances.
- Viewing templates in Community Content with long descriptions/release notes will show multiple lines and scroll if needed.
- Terrain: Adjustments to terrain generators. More generators added and some additional parameters exposed (like seeds) on select generators.
- Choosing "Play Now" after publishing a game will directly launch that game instead of routing through a webpage link.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a user's preferred region to not be saved correctly.
- Fixed a bug where un-checking the Unbounded option has no effect during the next Preview session.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the window to be the wrong size after closing the editor.
- Fixed progress bars not showing on game/template publish.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent users from being able to select a preferred region.
- Fixes a case where the publish progress bar wasn't hiding when publishing a map that has a file error.
- Fixed crash when an infinite loop of script events is triggered.
- Fixed a bug where trigger overlap events could be dropped if they were caused while processing other overlap events.
- Fixed a bug where custom event names were being treated case-insensitively. Event names are now case sensitive, but will log warnings if inconsistent case usage is detected.
- Fixed a bug in single-player preview where hitting a breakpoint in the script debugger could leave the player unable to move after resuming.
- Fixed a bug where clients from an old preview mode session could join a new preview mode session.
- Fixed an issue with destroyed static contexts leaving child objects on clients.
- Fixed a crash in the player data storage service, and a bug that could result in lost data.
- Fixed a bug where .terrain files will not change if the terrain is not edited, which is useful for version control.
- Fixed an issue that caused inconsistent loading of screenshots while game browsing.
- Fixed the stretching of game browsing tiles with long titles.
- Fixed folder flicker when selecting game components in the editor.
- Fixed crash that could happen when an equipment's pickup trigger had been destroyed.
CoreDebug.GetTaskStackTrace()function to return the stack trace of a specific script task. Defaults to current task if not specified.
CoreDebug.GetStackTrace()function to return stack traces for all currently executing tasks.
- StaticMeshes have a new readonly Lua property
meshAssetIdthat returns the asset MUID that object uses.
- Added option to show equipment names instead of ability names in kill feed.
2hand_rocket_reload_magazineis now available for use. This animation may be useful for shoulder mounted rocket launchers that are currently using the
- Check out our documentation to learn more about them!
- Added Game Settings object in Battle Royale framework.
- Advanced Grenade now have pickup sound.
- Added Vertical Sword Swipe, Item callout sparkles, Signal Flare, Road Flare, and Swirling Trash VFX.
- Added Object Outline tool.
- Deprecated "Ambient Rain 01 SFX". It had a variety of issues and didn't work as intended.
The following audio assets can be used to replace:
- Ambient Nature Rain Big Drops 01 SFX
- Ambient Nature Rain Heavy 01 SFX
- Ambient Nature Rain Heavy Splatty 01 SFX
- Rain Light SFX
- Rain Medium SFX
- Fixed a bug in the kill feed component.
- Fixed kill feed not displaying in some frameworks.
We'll push the update on April 28th at 6AM PST.