Highlights for Version 1.0.131
Painting has been enabled for terrains! This will allow creators to paint with multiple materials on the surface of their terrain objects.
- To get started, access the Paint tab in the properties panel while the terrain is selected.
- Creating a material will pre-populate with default materials in each of the 4 channels.
- There is also a “wetness” channel to the right of the 4 material channels, which allows creators to paint on the existing materials to make them look wet.
- The Edit Materials button allows creators to make changes to which materials are in which channel. Empty slots will contain the default materials.
- Creators can specify top and side materials for each channel. So if a creator want grass on the top of a surface, but stone on the sides, that can be done in a single channel.
- Different channels will blend together if they are not at full strength. So setting channel 2 at a target value of 0.5 and painting over channel 1 will blend them 50/50.
- Many of the expected settings exist for size/strength/falloff/etc, so check the properties panel for the full list
- A Foliage system is coming soon, so a WIP tab exists for that as well.
There is now a Script Helper available in Core! The Script Helper lists available properties and functions of our API and is a tremendous way to get familiar with scripting in Core.The script helper is available 2 ways:
- Through top menu bar: View->Script Helper
- Right click on the internal script editor and select the option to open the Script Helper
- Right clicking on an entry in the helper will have options to copy a code snippet and open online documentation.
- In the internal script editor, you can also drag and drop an entry directly into the script text, which will insert the snippet at text cursor position.
- To search for a specific class/namespace, add . in the end of its name. For example, "Weapon." will filter to show only entries within Weapon class.
Added new game chat mode (accessible via a
Added the Trending category to the Games tab in the application.
Added a right click context menu to the Event Log to open a script when clicking on warning/error messages with script names and line numbers.
The in-game publish dialog now has a checkbox to just update game details without having to upload the whole game. "Game details" currently includes anything except screenshots and the game itself.
Shift + V in the editor now shows a screen message.
We now support spawning new start points and changing teams at runtime.
The Game Publish success dialog now has a Play Now button which can launch your game.
The Game Publish dialog when pushing an update will only populate your last release notes.
You can now report offensive content in the review section of Templates in Community Content.
You can now click and drag the chat scrollbar.
Publishing games or templates will now display a progress indicator.
- You can now use the editor's file menu when the settings menu is open.
- The client should now be letterboxed when using an ultrawide monitor.
- Video settings are now displayed when opening the settings menu from the editor.
- Main window can no longer be resized smaller than 640x480.
- Clicking on the tab of an active Script Editor no longer removes focus from the script editor.
- Interrupting an ability no longer causes the Cooldown phase to use the Execute phase's duration.
- Fixed an issue where pressing Tab would sometimes interrupt player control.
- Fixed an issue that could cause certain popup windows to appear offscreen.
- Gizmo Indicator volumes only show up on object select if global gizmo visibility is turned on via hotkey V. Gizmo icons will always show if global Gizmo visibility is on.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the window to be moved partly offscreen after closing a game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the window to be improperly resized after closing the editor.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the Custom Material Editor would fail to write parameters, especially booleans.
- Fixed a crash when reverting a parameter on a custom material.
- Fixed a bug that caused the window to be the wrong size when opening a game from a web browser.
- Prevent terrain from being added to a group. The UI was previously disabled but the keyboard shortcut still worked.
- Fixed colors of editable custom property labels.
- Fixed a bug that could cause fullscreen mode to not cover a small area at the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed an incorrect image flicker that could appear briefly when viewing game details pages.
- Fixed an issue that caused Core to sometimes reopen with an incorrectly sized window.
- Fixed the Script Editor not accepting input after docking tab.
- Added support for
CoreObjectReferenceas a networked event parameter.
- Spawn points can be disabled and enabled through Lua.
RandomStreamare now automatically seeded. Both can still be seeded with specific values, if desired.
- Custom properties may now be added directly to script assets in the Project Content tab.
- These properties may be accessed by calling
script:GetCustomProperty()from a script that is executing due to a call to the
- These properties are also available on any instance of the script placed in the hierarchy, and their values may be overridden on individual instances.
- These properties may be accessed by calling
- Static Meshes should be able to receive non-uniform scales via scripts again.
- Fixed Transform equality tests in Lua.
- Rain Volume VFX: Rain now supports an alternate collision method.
- Added to Urban Props catalog:
- Road Signs (5 shapes)
- Metal Brackets (2)
- Ten templates for example usage
- New Fall Damage and Game Portal components.
- Added segment support to Nameplates.
- New ability animation strings:
- New Animation Stance Strings:
Check out our documentation to learn more about them!
- Swirling Trash Volume: "Floating Trash Volume" was renamed to "Swirling Trash Volume".
- The following new assets have had their geometry slightly tweaked to better bring them in line with other related assets:
- Fantasy Castle Stairs Spiral 02 - Large 3m
- Fantasy Castle Stairs Spiral 03 - Large 3m
- Fantasy Castle Stairs Spiral Trim 01 - 4m
- Fantasy Castle Stairs Spiral Trim 01 - Large
- Fantasy Castle Stairs Spiral Trim 01 - Small
- Fantasy Castle Stairs Spiral Wall 01 - Large
- Fantasy Castle Stairs Spiral Wall 01 - Small.
The tweaks are small and should be barely noticeable in 95% of cases, but if you are using them in a map you may want to check them just in case. Apologies for the inconvenience, this is a rare occurrence that we try our best to avoid but this time was deemed necessary.
- Sun Light: Updated default value for distance fadeout. This will result in better looking, darker shadows by default.