This is our first bigger patch after opening up the Core Alpha to everyone, we integrated a lot of fixes for bugs that our community reported (thanks to everyone for that!) and also added a few new features!
- Materials and Custom Materials can now be applied to terrain by dragging them into the hierarchy.
- Added a Create Script right-click menu with two entries in the submenu: Create New Script and Create Existing Script Instance:
- Create New Script opens the New Script pop-up.
- Create Existing Script Instance opens the Script Picker to select an existing script to make an instance of.
- Core now brings itself to the foreground when it receives a web link.
- Added new animation utilities:
- Object Mover Continuous
- Object Rotator Continuous
- Object Scaler Continuous
- You can now toggle V-Sync in the Video tab of the Settings menu.
- The Terrain Shape tool now shows a grid to show the tool alignment.
- The Terrain Surface tool now has a 3D preview, it's Mask Strength option has been removed and Strength is now relative to brush size instead. Also Enable Stride has been removed and Stride just defaults to
- Added autocomplete for animation/stance/pose fields on Ability and Weapon object property panels.
- Added filtering by tags when browsing community projects in the Create tab.
- The Custom Material Editor mode now defaults to smart material when opening the editor from the properties view with a terrain object selected.
- Fixed a problem where preview mode clients were stuck on the loading screen until it was focused.
- The mouse cursor no longer disappears when clicking around in the main menu.
- Portals with invalid IDs no longer stop all portals from working.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor could become invisible when prompting to join a game while already in a different game.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain vehicle sound effects' volume to not be affected by the player's volume settings.
- User should not be able to put and ability object in a client, server or static Context via right click menu
- Respawned players should correctly face the direction of the
Player Startpoint on their machine.
- Fixed bug where camera would sometimes be stuck moving in at strange angles
- Fixed an issue where the reticle was disappearing when interacting with the selection wheel.
- The channeling animation should no longer be shown if the player is inside an unbounded mounted volume with
- Fixed an issue that caused backpacks to flicker because of a missing bounding box.
- When a user updates their profile picture in the editor, it now updates everywhere.
- Fixed an issue where objects in the hierarchy were not deselected when clearing selection if those items were in a collapsed view.
- Server functions that modify a player's rotation should correctly affect the player on their machine.
- Newly placed assets now have custom defaults for their radius and falloff, to better fit their sound.
- Blizzard Volume VFX: Now supports distance field collision option.
- Snow Volume VFX: Now includes collision support.
- Added a Gear Movement SFX layer to the Horse mount.
- Added a variation in Distant Cannon Shot Set SFX that did noes not include a Metal Clank loading sound before each shot.
- Added a variation in Distant Cannon Shot Set SFX that is the Metal Clank loading sound only.
- Moved composite referenced materials to a new category called Sub Materials in the custom material editor.
- Hoverboard SFX volume adjusted to be more consistent with other mount SFX volume levels.
- Fog, SkyDome, Skylight, Sun Adjustment Volumes: Corrected overlapping and nested behavior.
- Fixed an issue where Explosion #22 in Explosion Construction Kit was silent.
- Improved Distant Cannon Shot by adding deeper audio source layers.
- Fixed an issue with "Modeled" Gunshot SFX variations had a silent gap at the front end of the source file, causing sound and timing issues when being triggered rapidly.