Custom Keybinding inside Core Plateform not working inside games

I modified my keybindig inside Core Plateform Settings then Controls the Keybinding but when I enter a game it's not used (especially annoying for movements when using another keyboard than QWERTY)

Hi Aresaias, could you give more details? I just changed by keyboard bindings too in settings for movement instead of WASD, and it seems to be working fine for me.

Is this for example when a game creator has hard coded that a specific skill be activated by Q/W/E/R or 1/2/3/4 and you'd like to be able to change those controls to for whatever you map?

Post edited:
OK so apparently it is possible to change the keybinding and this only works if the game has been designed in such a way that the item to be moved is a player. If someone creates an item to move that is not a player I don't think it is possible to change the movements keybinding.
i give an example for movements, but it's probably the case for all the abilities as well.
Probably someone could explain better than me :smiley:

Correction, the problem comes from the fact that the bind is made on the letters and not the keys/functions.

What he meant was that the only binds that work are the original player's control, since it's directly binded in the software.

Thanks you both! :smiley: I understand what the issue is that you're talking about, and I've elevated it to to the team so we can consider being more accessible to different keyboards and more keybind control functionality as a feature request.

To complete the subject, even by default, the numbers (from : &é"'(-è_çà) in AZERTY are not usable.

1 Like